After I posted, I notice everything was chocolate and burnt orange… guess I was in some sort of mood.. Anyway!
I made a “shower towel” (i don’t know what to really call it) for Ian and used the zigzag stitch on the sewing machine to put his initials on it and velcro to secure it around his waist.
I made this “diaper bag” for a co-worker, the print is little bitty tigers and elephants. I stitched several pockets so she could stash baby stuff.
This is the rest of the co-workers baby gift. I borrowed a page from Lovely
over at That’s Sew Live
on the cloth diapers
, then i made a couple bibs. I used magnets for the closure.
Now here’s my sewing DISASTER. I started Simplicity 4403 view A with the intents of taking my time and doing it right, no shortcuts. One day I cut the fabric and lining, next day I interfaced all the pieces, thinking I could just FLOW when I started sewing. The jacket you see above has pins securing the tabs in place.
This is what brought my coat to a screeching halt! This stupid ass interfacing turned the 2 front panels and the front facings into some bullshit I could NOT sew through!! So I figure out a way to attach the 2 front panels by sewing with the interfacing along the feeder. Unfortunately when it was time to attach the front panels to the facings, that didn’t work. FUCK! So I broke out the needle and thread figuring I’ll hand stitch it… That idea was short-lived. THEN I was like let me go see if they still have it at the store then I’ll replace them. NO LUCK! Talk about frustration. I’ll try the pattern again with the RIGHT kind of interfacing!
And finally something that worked out as planned….
I made this hat, scarf and fingerless glove set by using this knit fabric I found that wasn’t enough to make anything else with (less than a yard). After making mine and seeing that it was indeed wearable, I made my BeFF Stacey
a hat and scarf set.